Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Health Care
Child Welfare Information Gateway. (2021). Numbers and trends. https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubpdfs/canstats.pdf.
- Promising interprofessional collaboration practices. White paper. The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, 2015
- Person-in-situation: History, theory, and new directions for social work practice.Praxis. 2006; 6: 50-57
- An evidence-supported approach to reporting child maltreatment.Mandated reporting laws and the identification of severe child abuse and neglect. Springer, 2015: 347-379
- Factors influencing child abuse and neglect recognition and reporting by nurses: A Multivariate analysis.Journal of Nursing Studies. 2010; 47: 146-153https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2009.05.015
- Nurses’ adherence to mandated reporting of suspected cases of child abuse.Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2020; 54: 109-113https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pedn.2020.06.007
- Mandated reporting of child abuse: Considerations and guidelines for mental health counselors.Journal of Mental Health Counseling. 2013; 35: 296-309https://doi.org/10.17744/mehc.35.4.x35610245863n034
- Barriers to and consequences of mandated reporting of child abuse by nurse practitioners.Journal of Pediatric Health Care. 2014; 28: e1-e7https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pedhc.2013.06.004
- Integrative review: Nurses’ roles and experiences in keeping children safe.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2017; 73: 302-322https://doi.org/10.1111/jan.13101
- Maintaining the therapeutic alliance when reporting child maltreatment: Recommendations for mental-health clinicians.Journal of Contemporary Psychotherapy. 2021; 51: 9-13https://doi.org/10.1007/s10879-020-09476-2
- Mandated reporters’ experiences with reporting child maltreatment: A meta-synthesis of qualitative studies.BMJ Open. 2017; 7e013942
- Mandatory reporting of child abuse and neglect: Crafting a positive process for health professionals and caregivers.Child Abuse & Neglect. 2013; 37: 102-109
- An interprofessional approach to family-centered child-protective services referral: A case report.Journal of Trauma Nursing. 2021; 28: 401-405https://doi.org/10.1097/JTN.0000000000000620
- Neglected nursing responsibility when suspecting child abuse.Clinical Nursing Studies. 2015; 4: 24-32https://doi.org/10.5430/cns.v4n1p24
Svard, V. (2017). Why don't they report? Hospital personnel working with children at risk. Childcare in Practice, 23(4), 342–355. https://doi.org/10.1080/13575279.2016.1188765.
- Reporting suspected child maltreatment: Educating Social Work Students in decision making and maintaining the relationship.Journal of Social Work Education. 2019; 55: 579-595https://doi.org/10.1080/10437797.2019.1600442
- Decision-making factors in the mandated reporting of child maltreatment.Journal of Child and Adolescent Trauma. 2018; 12: 233-244https://doi.org/10.1007/s40653-018-0211-2
Tufford, L. (2014). Repairing ruptures in the mandatory reporting of child maltreatment: perspectives from social work. Families in Society: The Journal of Contemporary Social Services, 95(2), 115–121. https://doi.org/10.1606/1044-3894.2014.95.15.
- Sustaining relationships: working with strong feelings III: Love and positive Feelings.in: Ruch G. Turney D. Ward A. Relationship-based social work: Getting to the heart of practice. Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2010
- Interdisciplinary teamwork. Minding the Baby Training Institute.Yale Child Study Center, 2011
- Barriers and facilitators associated with child abuse and neglect reporting among child care professionals: A systematic review.Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services. 2021; 59: 14-22https://doi.org/10.3928/02793695-20210324-01
- Child neglect and abuse: A global glimpse within the framework of evidence perspective.International Nursing Review. 2018; 65: 370-380https://doi.org/10.1111/inr.12435
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Conflicts of interest: None to report.