Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Project ECHO (Project Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes): A national and global model for continuing professional development.Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions. 2016; 36: S48-S49
- Using effective public private collaboration to advance integrated care.Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America. 2017; 26: 665-675
- A systematic review of the methods used to evaluate child psychiatry access programs.Academic Pediatrics. 2020; 20: 1071-1082
- Training in integrated mental health-primary care models: A national survey of child psychiatry program directors.Academic Psychiatry: The Journal of the American Association of Directors of Psychiatric Residency Training and the Association for Academic Psychiatry. 2014; 38: 485-488
- The Clinical Global Impressions scale: Applying a research tool in clinical practice.Psychiatry. 2007; 4: 28-37
Chevarley, F. (2003). Statistical brief #12: Children's access to necessary health care, fall 2001. http://meps.ahrq.gov/mepsweb/data_files/publications/st12/stat12.shtml
Children's National Hospital. (2021). COVID-19 and children's behavioral health in the District of Columbia: The pandemic's impact on child behavioral health outcomes and the behavioral health care system. https://childrensnational.org/advocacy-and-outreach/child-health-advocacy-institute/community-mental-health/publications
- Policy statement—The future of pediatrics: Mental health competencies for pediatric primary care.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: 410-421
- Targeted child psychiatric services: A new model of pediatric primary clinician—Child psychiatry collaborative care.Clinical Pediatrics. 2006; 45: 423-434
DC MAP – Mental Health Access in Pediatrics.https://childrensnational.org/advocacy-and-outreach/in-the-community/community-partnerships/dc-collaborative-for-mental-health-in-pediatric-primary-care
- Enhancing pediatric mental health care: Report from the American Academy of Pediatrics Task Force on Mental Health. Introduction.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: S69-S74
- Bright futures: Guidelines for health supervision of infants, children, and adolescent.4th ed. American Academy of Pediatrics, 2017
- Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap)—A metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.Journal of Biomedical Informatics. 2009; 42: 377-381
- Pediatricians’ role in providing mental health care for children and adolescents: Do pediatricians and child and adolescent psychiatrists agree?.Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. 2008; 29: 262-269
- Barriers to the identification and management of psychosocial problems: Changes from 2004 to 2013.Academic Pediatrics. 2015; 15: 613-620
- Improving pediatrician's behavioral health competencies through the Project ECHO teleconsultation model.Clinical Pediatrics. 2020; 59: 1049-1057
- Children's mental health care: Differences by race/ethnicity in urban/rural areas.Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved. 2008; 19: 237-247
- Unmet need for mental health care among U.S. children: Variation by ethnicity and insurance status.American Journal of Psychiatry. 2002; 159: 1548-1555
- National Network of Child Psychiatry Access Programs.2016
- Mental health surveillance among children-United States, 2005–2011.MMWR Supplements. 2013; 62: 1-35
- Severity of mental health concerns in pediatric primary care and the role of child psychiatry access programs.General Hospital Psychiatry. 2018; 53: 12-18
- Primary care pediatricians’ satisfaction with subspecialty care, perceived supply, and barriers to care.Journal of Pediatrics. 2010; 156 (e1): 1011-1015
RAND Corporation. (2019). Child psychiatry telephone consultation programs help increase mental health services for children. https://www.rand.org/news/press/2019/07/15.html
- The influences of race, ethnicity, and poverty on the mental health of children.Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved. 2000; 11: 100-110
- Improving access to mental health care for children: The Massachusetts Child Psychiatry Access Project.Pediatrics. 2010; 126: 1191-1200
- Implementation of off-site integrated care for children: A scoping review.Harvard Review of Psychiatry. 2019; 27: 342-353
Stagman, S. M., & Cooper, J. L. (2010). Children's mental health: What every policymaker should know. http://academiccommons.columbia.edu/catalog/ac:126203
- Behavioral health care for children: The Massachusetts child psychiatry access project.Health Affairs (Project Hope). 2014; 33: 2153-2161
- Addressing national workforce shortages by funding child psychiatry access programs.Pediatrics. 2021; 147e20194012
- Promoting optimal development: Screening for behavioral and emotional problems.Pediatrics. 2015; 135: 384-395
- Substantial investment needed to avert mental health crisis.2020https://www.who.int/news-room/detail/14-05-2020-substantial-investment-needed-to-avert-mental-health-crisis
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
This work was supported by the District of Columbia Department of Behavioral Health (contract no. RM-14-RFP-270-BY4-DJW).
The study was approved by the Children's National Hospital Institutional Review Committee (no. Pro00015969), and individual consent for this study was waived.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.