Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Moving the journey towards independence: Adolescents transitioning to successful diabetes self-management.Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2015; 30: 648-660
- Adolescence: Physical changes and neurological development.British Journal of Nursing. 2021; 30: 272-275
- Symptoms of depression and anxiety in youth with type 1 diabetes: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2016; 70: 70-84
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2021a). Just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Retrieved from: https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/basics/diabetes-type-1-diagnosis.html.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2021b). Prevalence of diagnosed diabetes. Retrieved from: https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/data/statistics-report/diagnosed-diabetes.html.
- General life and diabetes-related stressors in early adolescents with type 1 diabetes.Journal of Pediatric Health Care. 2016; 30: 133-142
- Developing a personal and social identity with type 1 diabetes during adolescence: A hypothesis generative study.Qualitative Health Research. 2016; 26: 672-684
- The psychosocial experience and needs of children newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes from their own perspective: A systematic and narrative review.Diabetic Medicine. 2020; 37: 1640-1652
- Trends in incidence of type 1 and type 2 diabetes among youths – Selected counties and Indian reservations, United States, 2002–2015.MMWR. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. 2020; 69: 161-165
- Stressors in teens with type 1 diabetes and their parents: Immediate and long-term implications for transition to self-management.Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2016; 31: 390-396
- Prevalence of Mental disorder and service use by immigrant generation and race/ethnicity among U.S. adolescents.Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 2018; 57 (e2): 280-287
- Adolescent neurological development and implications for health and well-being.Healthcare. 2017; 5: 62
- The SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth study: Rationale, findings, and future directions.Diabetes Care. 2014; 37: 3336-3344
- The Patient Health Questionnaire-2: Validity of a two-item depression screener.Medical Care. 2003; 41: 1284-1292
- Identity development, coping, and adjustment in emerging adults with a chronic illness: The sample case of type 1 diabetes.Journal of Adolescent Health. 2008; 43: 451-458
- Loneliness in children and adolescents with chronic physical conditions: A meta-analysis.Journal of Pediatric Psychology. 2017; 42: 622-635
- Depressive symptoms at critical times in youth with type 1 diabetes: Following type 1 diabetes diagnosis and insulin pump initiation.Journal of Adolescent Health: Official Publication of the Society for Adolescent Medicine. 2018; 62: 219-225
- The Generalized Anxiety Disorder 7-item scale in adolescents with generalized anxiety disorder: Signal detection and validation.Annals of Clinical Psychiatry. 2017; 29: 227-234A
- Effects of trauma and anxiety on adherence in pediatric type 1 diabetes.Diabetes Spectrum. 2022; 35: 171-178
- Illness identity and adjusting to type I diabetes: A four-wave longitudinal study.Health Psychology: Official Journal of the Division of Health Psychology, American Psychological Association. 2021; 40: 326-336
- Development of peer relationships from adolescence into emerging adulthood: Comparing males and females with and without type 1 diabetes.Journal of Pediatric Psychology. 2022; 47: 804-815
- The role of peers for diabetes management in adolescents and emerging adults with type 1 diabetes: A longitudinal study.Diabetes Care. 2017; 40: 1678-1684
- Anxiety in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.Diabetes. 2018; 67 (815-P)
- Evaluation of the PHQ-2 as a brief screen for detecting major depression among adolescents.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: e1097-e1103
- Supportive peer relationships and mental health in adolescence: An integrative review.Issues in Mental Health Nursing. 2018; 39: 723-737
- The age of adolescence.Lancet. Child and Adolescent Health. 2018; 2: 223-228
- The lived experiences of young people (13–16 years) with type 1 diabetes mellitus and their parents—A qualitative phenomenological study.Diabetic Medicine: a Journal of the British Diabetic Association. 2013; 30: e17-e24
- A brief measure for assessing generalized anxiety disorder: The GAD-7.Archives of Internal Medicine. 2006; 166: 1092-1097
- Adolescents’ perceptions of the transition process from parental management to self-management of type 1 diabetes.Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences. 2019; 33: 128-135
- Identity formation in adolescents and emerging adults with type 1 diabetes.Psychology, Health and Medicine. 2020; 25: 519-529
- ‘Now what do I do?’: Toward a conceptual understanding of the effects of traumatic events on identity functioning.Journal of Adolescence. 2020; 79: 59-69
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Conflicts of interest: None to report.