Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Beyond Tuskegee—Vaccine distrust and everyday racism.New England Journal of Medicine. 2021; 384: e12
- Announcements versus conversations to improve HPV vaccination coverage: A randomized trial.Pediatrics. 2017; 139: 1-9
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2019a). Dr. Todd Wolynn describes how he recommends HPV vaccine. Retrieved from https://youtu.be/wOKV4eEcTzU
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2019b). How many cancers are linked to HPV each year? Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/hpv/statistics/cases.htm
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2019c). Talking to parents about HPV vaccine. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/hpv/hcp/for-hcp-tipsheet-hpv.pdf
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2019d). HPV vaccine schedule and dosing. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/hpv/hcp/schedules-recommendations.html
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases. (2018). National immunization survey – Teen (NIS-Teen). Retrieved fromhttps://health.gov/healthypeople/objectives-and-data/data-sources-and-methods/data-sources/national-immunization-survey-teen-nis-teen
- Primary care team- and clinic level factors affecting HPV vaccine uptake.Vaccine. 2017; 35: 4540-4547
- ‘There's always next year’: Primary care team and parent perspectives on the human papillomavirus vaccine.Human Vaccines and Immunotherapeutics. 2020; 16: 1814-1823
- Association of both consistency and strength of self-reported clinician recommendation for HPV vaccination and HPV vaccine uptake among 11- to 12-year-old children.Vaccine. 2017; 35: 6122-6128
- Importance of a team approach to recommending the human papillomavirus vaccination.Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. 2018; 30: 368-372
- Quality of physician communication about human papillomavirus vaccine: Findings from a national survey.Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention. 2015; 24: 1673-1679
Healthy People 2030. (n.d.). Increase the proportion of adolescents who get recommended doses of the HPV vaccine—IID08. Retrieved fromhttps://health.gov/healthypeople/objectives-and-data/browse-objectives/vaccination/increase-proportion-adolescents-who-get-recommended-doses-hpv-vaccine-iid-08
- HPV vaccine delivery practices by primary care physicians.Pediatrics. 2019; 144: 1-14
- The improvement guide: A practical approach to enhancing organizational performance.2nd ed. Wiley, Chichester, United Kingdom2009
- SQUIRE 2.0 (Standards for QUality Improvement Reporting Excellence): Revised publication guidelines from a detailed consensus process.BMJ Quality and Safety. 2016; 25: 986-992
Oregon Health Authority. (2020). Oregon adolescent immunization rates. Retrieved fromhttps://www.oregon.gov/oha/PH/PREVENTIONWELLNESS/VACCINESIMMUNIZATION/Pages/researchteen.aspx
- Adherence to ACIP recommendation for human papillomavirus vaccine among US adolescent girls.Journal of Community Health. 2017; 42: 385-389
- Evaluation of the implementation of a multicomponent intervention to improve health care provider communication about human papillomavirus vaccination.Academic Pediatrics. 2018; 18: 882-888
- Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on routine pediatric vaccine ordering and administration—United States, 2020.MMWR. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. 2020; 69: 591-593
- Human papillomavirus 9-valent vaccine for cancer prevention: A systematic review of the available evidence.Epidemiology and Infection. 2017; 145: 1962-1982
- Pediatrician-parent conversations about human papillomavirus vaccination: An analysis of audio recordings.Journal of Adolescent Health. 2017; 61: 246-251
This project was reviewed by the university and project site Institutional Review Boards and determined to be quality improvement and not human research (IRB No. 00022169).
Conflicts of interest: None to report.