- •Standardized tracheostomy “go-bags” improve tracheostomy supply organization.
- •Standardized, hospital-provided, trifold “go-bags” improve “go-bag” compliance.
- •Diagram-based checklists assist caregivers with tracheostomy supply organization.
- •Diagram-based checklists assist clinical team members with routine supply checks.
- •Caregiver confidence and emergency preparedness improved with an updated “go-bag.”
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Tracheostomy in children.Paediatric Respiratory Reviews. 2006; 7: S206-S209
- Parents’ experiences and views of caring for a child with a tracheostomy: A literature review.International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology. 2013; 77: 1630-1634
- Indications of pediatric tracheostomy over the last 30 years: Has anything changed?.International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology. 2016; 87: 144-147
- A descriptive qualitative study of home care experiences in parents of children with tracheostomies.Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2019; 45: 7-12
Connecticut Children's. (2021). About us. Connecticut Children's. Retrieved from https://www.connecticutchildrens.org/about-us/
Institute for Healthcare Improvement. (2020). How to improve. Science of improvement: Testing changes.Retrieved from http://www.ihi.org/resources/Pages/HowtoImprove/ScienceofImprovementTestingChanges.aspx
- Standardization of pediatric tracheostomy care with “go-bags”.International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology. 2019; 121: 154-156
- Closing the quality gap: A critical analysis of quality improvement strategies (vol. 7: care coordination).Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD2007
- Get going with go-bags.Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2010; 25: E8
- Tracheostomy in infants and children.Respiratory Care. 2017; 62: 799-825
- Standardized tracheostomy education across the enterprise.Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2018; 43: 120-126
Conflicts of interest: None to report.