Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Association of Child Life Professionals. (2022). Psychosocial risk assessment in pediatrics. Retrieved from https://www.childlife.org/resources/for-child-life-specialists/prap
- Optimizing perioperative care for children and adolescents with challenging behaviors.MCN. the American Journal of Maternal Child Nursing. 2015; 40: 153-159
- A pilot study of autism-specific care plans during hospital admission.Pediatrics. 2016; 137: S196-S204
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2021). Increase in developmental disabilities among children in the United States. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/developmentaldisabilities/features/increase-in-developmental-disabilities.html
- Improving communication between health care providers, families, and children with autism Spectrum disorder: The linked program.Journal of Perianesthesia Nursing. 2019; 34: 889-899
- The psychosocial experiences and needs of children undergoing surgery and their parents: A systematic review.Journal of Pediatric Health Care. 2018; 32: 133-149
- Children with developmental disabilities at a pediatric hospital: Staff education to prevent and manage challenging behaviors.Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2012; 27: 742-749
- Children with autism spectrum disorder at a pediatric hospital: A systematic review of the literature.Pediatric Nursing. 2013; 39: 131-141
- A national profile of the health care experiences and family impact of autism spectrum disorder among children in the United States, 2005–2006.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: e1149-e1158
- A collaborative approach to improving health care for children with developmental disabilities.Pediatrics. 2018; 142e20181136
- Caring for the child with an autism spectrum disorder in the acute care setting.Journal for Specialists in Pediatric Nursing. 2010; 15: 244-254
- When children with profound multiple disabilities are hospitalized: A cross-sectional survey of parental burden of care, quality of life of parents and their hospitalized children, and satisfaction with family-centered care.J Spec Pediatr Nurs. 2016; 21: 147-157
- Caring for children and adolescents with autism who require challenging procedures.Pediatric Nursing. 2002; 28: 555-562
- Assessing pediatric patient's risk of distress during health-care encounters: The psychometric properties of the psychosocial risk assessment in pediatrics.Journal of Child Health Care. 2014; 18: 378-387
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and its perioperative management.Paediatric Anaesthesia. 2015; 25: 1076-1084
- Improving management of patients with autism spectrum disorder having scheduled surgery: Optimizing practice.Journal of Pediatric Health Care. 2014; 28: 394-403
- Access to services, quality of care, and family impact for children with autism, other developmental disabilities, and other mental health conditions.Autism. 2014; 18: 815-826
- Behavioral coping plans: One inter-professional team's approach to patient-centered care.Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2018; 41: 135-139
- Prevalence and trends of developmental disabilities among children in the United States: 2009–2017.Pediatrics. 2019; 144e20190811
This work was supported by internal funding (the Carolyn Stoll Nursing Research Fund, Department of Patient Services and the Department of Anesthesiology, Cincinnati Children's Hospital) and funding from the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses Competency & Credentialing Institute research grant. For database support (Research Electronic Data Capture), this project was supported in part by the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences of the National Institutes of Health under award no. 5UL1TR001425-03.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.