Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Screening for poverty and poverty-related social determinants of health.Pediatrics in Review. 2018; 39: 235-246
- Household food security in the United States in 2018.2019 (Retrieved from)
- Do patients want help addressing social risks?.Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine. 2020; 33: 170-175
- Assessment of social risk factors and interest in receiving health care–based social assistance among adult patients and adult caregivers of pediatric patients.JAMA Network Open. 2020; 3e2021201
- Screening for depression in an urban pediatric primary care clinic.Pediatrics. 2007; 119: 435-443
- Perceptions of child protective services among pregnant or recently pregnant, opioid-using women in substance abuse treatment.Child Abuse & Neglect. 2018; 79: 125-135
- Ethnically diverse mothers’ views on the acceptability of screening for maternal depressive symptoms during pediatric well-child visits.Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved. 2009; 20: 780-797
- Families’ health-related social problems and missed referral opportunities.Pediatrics. 2007; 119: e1332-e1341
- Training social workers and human service professionals to address the complex financial needs of clients.Journal of Social Work Education. 2017; 53: 118-131
- Avoiding the unintended consequences of screening for social determinants of health.Journal of the American Medical Association. 2016; 316: 813-814
- Addressing social determinants of health at well child care visits: A cluster RCT.Pediatrics. 2015; 135: e296-e304
- Understanding child disadvantage from a social determinants perspective.Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. 2018; 72: 223-229
- Effects of social needs screening and in-person service navigation on child health: A randomized clinical trial.JAMA Pediatrics. 2016; 170e162521
- Development and validity of a 2-item screen to identify families at risk for food insecurity.Pediatrics. 2010; 126: e26-e32
- Childhood adversities and depression in adulthood: Current findings and future directions.Clinical Psychology. 2017; 24: 140-153
- Integrating social care into the delivery of health care: Moving upstream to improve the nation's health.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2019
- Consequences of child poverty.2019 (Retrieved from)
National Association of Community Health Centers. (n.d.). PRAPARE assessment tool. Retrieved from https://www.nachc.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/PRAPARE-One-Pager-9-2-16-with-logo-and-trademark.pdf
- Assessing the social determinants of health care costs for Medicaid-enrolled adolescents in Washington State using administrative data.Health Services Research. 2019; 54: 52-63
- Ethical questions about screening.Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. 1998; 19: 350-352
- Measurement resources for dissemination and implementation research in health.Implementation Science. 2016; 11: 42
- Informal support among low-income mothers post welfare reform: A systematic review.Journal of Child and Family Studies. 2018; 27: 3782-3805
- Social and political forces as determinants of poverty: A spatial analysis.Journal of Socio-Economics. 2007; 36: 650-671
- Screening children for social determinants of health: A systematic review.Pediatrics. 2019; 144e20191622
- Direct and indirect effects of child abuse and environmental stress: A lifecourse perspective on adversity and depressive symptoms.American Journal of Orthopsychiatry. 2018; 88: 180-188
- Water shutoffs in older American cities: Causes, extent, and remedies.Journal of Planning Education and Research. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1177/0739456X20904431
- Complexities of addressing food insecurity in an urban population.Population Health Management. 2019; 22: 300-307
- Clinician experiences with screening for social needs in primary care.Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine. 2018; 31: 351-363
- Current Population Survey.2017 (Retrieved from)
- Disparities in utilization of social determinants of health referrals among children in immigrant families.Frontiers in Pediatrics. 2018; 6: 207
- Residential energy consumption survey.2015 (Retrieved from)
- Social connectedness in family social support networks: Strengthening systems of care for children with special health care needs.EGEMS. 2018; 6: 23
- Adolescence and the social determinants of health.Lancet. 2012; 379: 1641-1652
- Cumulative socio-demographic risk factors and sleep outcomes in early childhood.Sleep. 2020; 43: zsz233
The present work was supported by a grant provided by the Childhood Obesity Research Core at the University of Michigan. The funding source had no role in the study design, data collection, analysis or interpretation of the data; in the writing of the report; and in the decision to submit the article for publication.
The Institutional Review Board at the University of Michigan approved the present study procedures.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.