Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Health Care
- High rates of access to health care, disclosure of sexuality and gender identity to providers among House and Ball Community members in New York City.Journal of Homosexuality. 2018; 65: 600-614
- Trends in U.S. HIV diagnoses, 2005-2014.2016 (Retrieved from)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2017a). Diagnoses of HIV infection in the United States and dependent areas, 2016. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/pdf/library/reports/surveillance/cdc-hiv-surveillance-report-2016-vol-28.pdf
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2017b). HIV and African American people. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/racialethnic/africanamericans/index.html
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2017c). HIV and Hispanics/Latinos. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/racialethnic/hispaniclatinos/index.html
- Topics for inclusive parent-child sex communication by gay, bisexual, queer youth.Behavioral Medicine. 2020; (Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32027581; PMCID: PMC7416429): 1-10https://doi.org/10.1080/08964289.2019.1700481
- Transgender youth experiences and perspectives related to HIV preventive services.Pediatrics. 2020; 145e20192204
- Perspectives and preferences for a mobile health tool designed to facilitate HPV vaccination among young men who have sex with men.Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics. 2019; 15: 1815-1823
Guttmacher Institute. (2020). Sex and HIV education. Retrieved from https://www.guttmacher.org/state-policy/explore/sex-and-hiv-education
- Three approaches to qualitative content analysis.Qualitative Health Research. 2005; 15: 1277-1288
Lambda Legal. (2010). When health care isn't caring: Lambda Legal's survey on discrimination against LGBT people and people living with HIV. Retrieved from http://www.lambdalegal.org/sites/default/files/publications/downloads/whcic-report_when-health-care-isnt-caring.pdf
Levine, J., Gold, R. B., Nash, E., & English, A. (2012). Confidentiality for individuals insured as dependents: A review of state laws and policies. Retrieved from https://www.guttmacher.org/report/confidentiality-individuals-insured-dependents-review-state-laws-and-policies
- Sexual health information seeking online: A mixed-methods study among lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender young people.Health Education & Behavior. 2012; 39: 276-289
- Prejudice, social stress, and mental health in lesbian, gay, and bisexual populations: Conceptual issues and research evidence.Psychological Bulletin. 2003; 129: 674-697
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. (2018). Item of interest: FDA approves PrEP therapy for adolescents at risk of HIV. Retrieved from https://www.nichd.nih.gov/newsroom/releases/051618-PrEP
- A systematic review of social networking sites: Innovative platforms for health research targeting adolescents and young adults.Journal of Nursing Scholarship. 2013; 45: 256-264
- Access to reproductive healthcare for adolescents: Establishing healthy behaviors at a critical juncture in the lifecourse.Current Opinion in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2010; 22: 369-374
- Research on adolescent sexual orientation: Development, health disparities, stigma and resilience.Journal of Research on Adolescence. 2011; 21: 256-272
- Meeting the needs of sexual and gender minority youth: Formative research on potential digital health interventions.Journal of Adolescent Health. 2017; 60: 541-548
- Basics of qualitative research: Techniques and procedures for developing grounded theory.2nd ed. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA1998
- Sexual orientation and health among U.S. adults: National Health Interview Survey, 2013.National Health Statistics Reports. 2014; : 1-10
- Outness, stigma, and primary health care utilization among rural LGBT populations.PLoS One. 2016; 11e0146139
Funding for this research came from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention contract “Developing tools to engage adolescent men who have sex with men (MSM)” GS-10F-0033M/HHSD2002013M53955B/200-2015-F-88276, NORC at the University of Chicago subcontract 7836.TFI.01.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.
The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.