Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Health Care
- Six domains of health care quality.2016 (Retrieved from)
- The validity of adding ECG to the preparticipation screening of athletes an evidence based literature review.Translational Medicine @ UniSa. 2015; 11: 2-13
- Preventing sudden death in young athletes.The Clinical Advisor. 2017; : 19-23
- Preparticipation cardiovascular screening of young competitive athletes: Policy guidance.2012 (Available from)
- The psychological impact of cardiovascular screening in young athletes: Perspectives across age, race, and gender.Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine. 2015; 25: 464-471
- Sports preparticipation examination. [amended 2018 Jul 26].Essential Evidence Plus [internet]. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ2018 (Available from)
- Integration of 12-lead electrocardiograms into preparticipation screenings to prevent sudden cardiac death in high school athletes.Journal of Pediatric Healthcare. 2019; 33: 153-161
- State-specific differences in school sports preparticipation physical evaluation policies.Pediatrics. 2015; 135: 26-32
- Checklists: A review of their origins, benefits, and current uses as a cognitive aid in medicine.Ergonomics in Design. 2019; 27: 21-26
- AMSSM position statement on cardiovascular preparticipation screening in athletes: Current evidence, knowledge gaps, recommendations and future directions.British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2017; 51: 153-167
- The effectiveness of screening history, physical exam, and ECG to detect potentially lethal cardiac disorders in athletes: A systematic review/meta-analysis.Journal of Electrocardiology. 2015; 48: 329-338
Institute of Healthcare Improvement. (2020). Science of Improvement: Establishing Measures. https://ihi.org/resources/Pages/HowtoImprove/ScienceofImprovementEstablishingMeasures.aspx
- The preparticipation physical evaluation.Pediatric Annals. 2017; 46: e85-e92
- Sudden cardiac death in the athlete: Bridging the gaps between evidence, policy, and practice.Circulation. 2012; 125: 2511-2516
- Heart disease in student athletes: House concurrent resolution 78.2013 (Available from)
- LHSAA medical history evaluation.2020 (Available from)
- Recommendations and considerations related to preparticipation screening for cardiovascular abnormalities in competitive athletes: 2007 update: A scientific statement from the American Heart Association Council on Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Metabolism: Endorsed by the American College of Cardiology Foundation.Circulation. 2007; 115 (1643–455)
- Assessment of the 12-lead ECG as a screening test for detection of cardiovascular disease in healthy general populations of young people (12-25 years of age): A scientific statement from the American Heart Association and the American College of Cardiology.Circulation. 2014; 130: 1303-1334
- Youth sport: Positive and negative impact on young athletes.Open Access Journal of Sports Medicine. 2013; 4: 151-160
- The preparticipation sports evaluation.American Family Physician. 2015; 92: 371-376
Ogrinc, G. S., Headrick, L. A., Barton, A. J., Dolansky, M. A., Madigosky, W. S., & Miltner, R. S. (2018). Fundamentals of Health Care Improvement: A Guide to Improving Your Patients' Care (3rd ed.). Joint Commission Resources.
- Testing young hearts: Student-athlete deaths have doctors urging cardiac evaluations.The Advocate. 2015; (Available from)https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/entertainment_life/article_e104eba7-446e-50d8-9f7f-f3a8b480456c.html
- What is Net Promoter?.2017 (Available from)
- Cardiac screening to prevent sudden death in young athletes.Translational Pediatrics. 2017; 6: 199-206
- Performance of the American Heart Association (AHA) 14-point evaluation versus electrocardiography for the cardiovascular screening of high school athletes: A prospective study.Journal of the American Heart Association. 2019; 8e012235
Conflicts of interest: None to report.
This manuscript has not been published previously, is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, has been approved by all authors, and if accepted will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English or in any other language, including electronically without the written consent of the copyright-holder.