Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Health Care
- Health youth development: Science and strategies.Journal of Public Health Management Practice. 2006; 10: S10-S16
- Assessing health system provision of adolescent preventive services: The young adult health care survey.Medical Care. 2001; 39: 478-490
Blum, R. W., & Qureshi, F. (2011). Morbidity and mortality among adolescents and young adults in the United States: AstraZeneca fact sheet 2011. Retrieved from John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health website: www.jhsph.edu/research/centers-and-institutes/center-for-adolescent-health/az/_images/US%20Fact%20Sheet_FINAL.pdf
Center for Rural Health, The University of North Dakota School of Medicine & Health Sciences. (2010). North Dakota frontier counties. Retrieved from www.ruralhealth.und.edu/maps/mapfiles/frontier.png
- Rural adolescent health: The importance of prevention services in the rural community.Journal of Rural Health. 2010; 27: 60-71
- Risky geographies: Teens, gender, and rural landscape in North America.Gender Place & Culture: A Journal of Feminist Geography. 2004; 11: 559-579
- Adolescents in mid-sized rural communities: Foregone care, perceived barriers, and risk factors.Journal of Adolescent Health. 2004; 35: 303-309
English, A., & Park, M. J. (2012). The Supreme Court ACA decision: What happens now for adolescents and young adults? Retrieved from http://nahic.ucsf.edu/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Supreme_Court_ACA_Decision_Nov29.pdf
- Adolescent alcohol use: Do risk and protective factors explain rural-urban differences? (Working paper No. 48.).Maine Rural Health Research Center, Portland, ME2012
- Rural healthy people 2010: Identifying rural health priorities and models for practice.The Journal of Rural Health. 2002; 18: 9-14
- Adolescents' perceptions of factors affecting their decisions to seek health care.JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association. 1995; 273: 1913-1918
- Bright futures: Guidelines for health supervision of infants, children, and adolescents.3rd ed. American Academy of Pediatrics, Elk Grove Village, Illinois2008
Hellerstedt, W. L., & Oberg, C. N. (2013). The Affordable Care Act: Goals and mechanisms. Implications of the Affordable Care Act on MCH populations and public health services. Retrieved from University of Minnesota Board of Regents website: http://www.epi.umn.edu/mch/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/HG_Fall20132.pdf
- Preventive care for adolescents: Few get visits and fewer get services.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: e565-e572
- Adolescents' access to care: Teenagers' self-reported use of services and perceived access to confidential care.Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine. 1998; 152: 676-682
- Adolescent health services: Missing opportunities.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2009
- Increasing the screening and counseling of adolescents for risky health behaviors: A primary care intervention.Pediatrics. 2005; 115: 960-968
- Adolescent-friendly health services: What have children's hospitals got to do with it?.Journal of Paediatrics & Child Health. 2010; 46: 214-216
The Child and Adolescent Health Measurement Initiative. (2010). Young Adult Health Care Survey (YACHS). Retrieved from http://cahmi.org/ViewDocument.aspx?DocumentID=56
- Youth-friendly primary-care services: How are we doing and what more needs to be done?.Lancet. 2007; 369: 1565-1573
United States Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. (2013). Traffic safety facts 2011 data: Rural/urban comparison. Retrieved from http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/811821.pdf
- Adolescent friendly health services: An agenda for change.World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland2002
- Adolescents report their need for and use of health care services.Journal of Adolescent Health. 1997; 21: 388-399
This study was funded by North Dakota State University Department of Nursing Faculty Development Funds (Secor-Turner, primary investigator).
Conflicts of interest: None to report.