To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Health Care
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Costal cartilage excision for the treatment of pediatric slipping rib syndrome.Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2012; 47: 1825-1827
- Treatment of acute pain associated with medical illnesses.in: Tobias J.D. Dishpande J.K. Pediatric pain management for primary care. Mosby-Yearbook, St. Louis, MO2005: 392-394
- Slipping rib syndrome.Journal of the American Medical Association. 1977; 237: 794
- Slipping rib syndrome: A place for sonography in the diagnosis of a frequently overlooked cause of abdominal or low thoracic pain.Journal of Ultrasound Medicine. 2002; 21: 339-343
- Slipping rib syndrome in childhood.Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 1997; 3: 1081-1082
- Slipping rib syndrome: An infrequently recognized entity in children: A report of three cases and review of the literature.Pediatrics. 1985; 76: 810-813
- The slipping rib syndrome in children.Paediatric Anaesthesia. 2001; 11: 740-743
- Chest pain.in: Schecter N. Berde C. Yaster M. Pain in infants, children and adolescents. 2nd ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA2003: 738
- Slipping rib syndrome as a cause of chest pain in children.Clinical Pediatrics. 1996; 35: 403
- Slipping rib syndrome in an adolescent: An elusive diagnosis.Clinical Pediatrics. 2012; 52: 879-881
- Slipping rib syndrome in a collegiate swimmer: A case report.Journal of Athletic Training. 2005; 40: 120-122
Rae Ann Kingsley, Nurse Practitioner, Integrative Pain Management, Children's Mercy Hospital and Clinics, Kansas City, MO.
Published online: June 11, 2014
Conflicts of interest: None to report.
© 2014 National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.