To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Health Care
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Characteristics of chronically critically ill patients: Comparing two definitions.Clinics. 2011; 6: 701-704
- Definitions and epidemiology of the chronically critically ill. The chronically critically ill patient.Respiratory Care. 2012; 57: 848-856
- Caregivers of the chronically critically ill after discharge from the intensive care unit: Six months’ experience.American Journal of Critical Care. 2011; 20: 12-23
- Family conference in the intensive care unit: A systematic review.Dimensions of Critical Care Nursing. 2011; 30: 246-255
- Depression among Caucasian and non-Caucasian caregivers of the chronically critically ill.Journal of Critical Care. 2010; 25: 364.e11-364.e19
- Communication with families facing life-threatening illness: A research-based model for family conferences.Journal of Palliative Medicine. 2011; 14: 421-427
- The intensive care unit family meeting: Making it happen.Journal of Critical Care. 2009; 24: 629.e1-629.e12
- Prolonged stay in pediatric intensive care units: Mortality and healthcare resource consumption.Medicina Intensiva. 2011; 35: 417-423
- Informational coping style and depressive symptoms in family decision makers.American Journal of Critical Care. 2010; 19: 410-420
- Infection in the chronically critically ill: Unique risk profile in a newly defined population.Critical Care Clinics. 2002; 18: 529-552
- Long-term home mechanical ventilation in the United States: The chronically critically ill patient.Respiratory Care. 2012; 57: 921-932
- Chronic critical illness: The growing challenge to health: The chronically critically ill patient.Respiratory Care. 2012; 57: 1021-1027
- Chronic critical illness: Concise clinical review.American Journal of Respiratory Critical Care Medicine. 2010; 182: 446-454
- The chronically critically ill patient: Pediatric considerations.Respiratory Care. 2012; 57: 993-1003
- Toward interventions to improve end-of-life care in the pediatric intensive care unit.Critical Care Medicine. 2006; 34: S373-S379
- Long-term mechanical ventilation: Management strategies.Respiratory Care. 2012; 57: 889-899
Philip Jurasinski, Graduate Nursing Student, Marquette University College of Nursing, Milwaukee, WI.
Christine A. Schindler, Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Division of Critical Care, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, and Coordinator, Pediatric Acute Care Graduate Option, Marquette University College of Nursing, Milwaukee, WI.
Published online: June 11, 2014
Conflicts of interest: None to report.
© 2014 National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.