To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Health Care
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Trends in asthma prevalence, health care use, and mortality in the United States, 2001-2010.NCHS Data Brief. 2012; : 1-8
- Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders.5th ed. Author, Arlington, VA2013
- Understanding the world of children with autism.RN. 2008; 71 (quiz 46): 40-45
- Spectrum disorders: A new generation of complex patients.The Pennsylvania Nurse. 2010; 65 (15): 9-11
- Children with developmental disabilities at a pediatric hospital: Staff education to prevent and manage challenging behaviors.Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2012; 27: 742-749
- Measuring parent-child shared management of chronic illness.Pediatric Nursing. 2009; 35 (127): 101-108
- Supporting development of children with chronic conditions: From compliance toward shared management.Pediatric Nursing. 2000; 26: 354-363
- Communicating with children with autism spectrum disorder and their families: A practical introduction.Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services. 2012; 50: 40-44
National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties. (2013). Population-focused nurse practitioner competencies. Retrieved from http://www.nonpf.org/associations/10789/files/PopulationFocusNPComps2013.pdf
- Caring for the child with an autism spectrum disorder in the acute care setting.Journal for Specialists in Pediatric Nursing. 2010; 15: 244-254
- Concurrent medical conditions and health care use and needs among children with learning and behavioral developmental disabilities, National Health Interview Survey, 2006-2010.Research in Developmental Disabilities. 2012; 33: 467-476
- Parent-child shared management: The path to independence. Paper presented at the Duncan Seminar: Adolescent Health Transition for Youth with Special Health Care Needs.Seattle Children’s Hospital, Seattle, WA2012
- Care of the patient with an autism spectrum disorder by the general physician.Postgraduate Medical Journal. 2012; 88: 472-481
Sophie Lu, Alumna, School of Nursing, University of Washington, Seattle, WA.
Jennifer Sonney, Director, Pediatric Graduate Specialty, School of Nursing, University of Washington, Seattle, WA.
Gail M. Kieckhefer, Professor, School of Nursing, University of Washington, Seattle, WA.
Published online: May 21, 2014
Conflicts of interest: None to report.
© 2014 National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.