Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Health Care
- The lived experience of girl-to-girl aggression in marginalized girls.Qualitative Health Research. 2010; 20: 541-555
- Young people and violence.in: Heggenhougen K. Quah S. International encyclopedia of public health (pp. 675-684). Academic Press, San Diego, CA2008
- Challenging conceptions of violence: A view from the girls.Sociology Review. 2003; 13: 2-6
- Youth risk behavior surveillance—United States, 2007.Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. 2008; 57: 1-131
Chesney-Lind, M. (2004). Girls and violence: Is the gender gap closing? Retrieved from http://www.vawnet.org/applied-research-papers/print-document.php?doc_id=383.
- Doing qualitative research: Research methods for primary care.Sage, Newbury Park, CA1999
- Parental monitoring: Association with adolescents' risk behaviors.Pediatrics. 2001; 107: 1363-1368
- Effects of 2 prevention programs on high-risk behaviors among African American youth: A randomized trial.Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine. 2004; 158: 377-384
- Getting into adolescent heads: An essential update.Contemporary Pediatrics. 2004; 21: 64-90
- A review of predictors of youth violence.in: Loeber R. Farrington D.P. Serious and violent juvenile offenders: Risk factors and successful interventions (pp. 106-146). Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA1998
- Developmental risk factors for youth violence.Journal of Adolescent Health. 2000; 26: 176-186
- The impact of age and type of intervention on youth violent behaviors.Journal of Primary Prevention. 2009; 30: 642-658
- Emerging answers 2007: Research findings on programs to reduce teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases.National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy, Washington, DC2007
- Poverty, inequality, and youth violence.Annals of the American Academy of Political & Social Science. 2000; 567: 123-139
- Is neighborhood context differently related to externalizing problems and delinquency for girls compared with boys?.Clinical Child & Family Psychology Review. 2004; 7: 109-122
- World report on violence and health.World Health Organization, Geneva2002
- Effectiveness of interventions to prevent youth violence: A systematic review.American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2007; 33: 65-74
- Predictors of violent or serious delinquency in adolescence and early adulthood: A synthesis of longitudinal research.in: Loeber R. Farrington D.P. Serious and violent juvenile offenders: Risk factors and successful interventions. Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA1998
Minnesota Department of Health. (2013). Minnesota Student Survey statewide tables for educational settings and racial/ethnic groups. Retrieved from http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/chs/mss/statewidetables/.
- Violent behavior by girls reporting violent victimization: A prospective study.Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine. 2005; 159: 731-739
- The darkside of girlhood: Recent trends, risk factors and trajectories to aggression and violence.The Canadian Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Review. 2005; 14: 21-25
- Aggressive and antisocial girls: Research update and challenges.International Journal of Forensic Mental Health. 2002; 1: 103-120
- Girls who bully: A developmental and relational perspective.in: Aggression, antisocial behavior, and violence among girls: A developmental perspective (pp. 90-109). Guilford Press, New York, NY2004
Prevention Institute. (2010). UNITY Road Map: A framework for effectiveness and sustainability. Retrieved from http://www.preventioninstitute.org/UNITY.html.
- Juvenile court statistics 1998.Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, Washington, DC2003
- Youth violence perpetration: What protects? What predicts? Findings from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health.Journal of Adolescent Health. 2004; 35: 424.e1-424.e10
- The impact of family and peer protective factors on girls' violence perpetration and victimization.Journal of Adolescent Health. 2013; 52: 365-371
- Prime Time: 12-month sexual health outcomes of a clinic-based intervention to prevent pregnancy risk behaviors.Journal of Adolescent Health. 2011; 49: 172-179
- A clinic-based, youth development approach to teen pregnancy prevention.American Journal of Health Behavior. 2011; 35: 346-358
- Engaging high risk youth in Prime Time: Perspectives of case managers.Journal of Pediatric Health Care. 2012; 26: 254-265
- Youth violence: A report of the Surgeon General.United States Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC2001
- Risk factors and behaviors associated with adolescent violence and aggression.American Journal of Health Behavior. 2002; 26: 454-464
- Neighborhood-level factors and youth violence: Giving voice to the perceptions of prominent neighborhood individuals.Health Education and Behavior. 2007; 34: 669-685
This project was supported with funds from the National Institute of Nursing Research (5R01NR008778; R. Sieving, principal investigator).
Conflicts of interest: None to report.